Solar is one of the fastest growing job markets.
Be the change you want to see and apply today!
Roost Solar provides renewable energy systems in the form of solar panel installations. We are based in Vernon, BC and serve clients across the Thompson-Okanagan. Roost Solar is a proud member of the Canadian Solar Industry Association (CanSia) and is a North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) Associate in good standing.
Roost Solar is growing and we are always looking for people with strong interest in solar power to join our team. Below are our current open career postings:
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Installers/ Electrical Apprentices
Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Installers/ Electrical Apprentices - 2 positions
Roost Solar is based in Vernon, BC. We specialize in residential, agricultural, and commercial solar PV installations and serve clients across the Thompson-Okanagan, including Vernon, Salmon Arm, Kamloops, Kelowna, and surrounding areas. We are growing and are looking for two (2) PV installers/ electrical apprentices* to join our team.
* One (1) lead installer who will plan out and install the racking systems and solar panels in our solar PV arrays and one (1) junior assistant installer/ electrical apprentice, who will report to a lead designer/installer.
Both are great opportunities for someone interested in the field of sustainable energy/construction management and looking to learn, receive hands on training, and gain related experience.
- You have a strong interest in renewable energy technologies
- You are a team player interested in pitching in on all aspects of our business
- You are looking for a fulfilling career with opportunities to grow
- You take satisfaction in providing excellent customer service and quality of work
- We are a team of highly skilled and dedicated individuals
- We pride ourselves on recruiting and retaining highly qualified staff
- We provide training opportunities that help our staff and our whole team grow as professionals
- We pride ourselves on designing, installing and monitoring top-of-the-line solar PV arrays
About the posting
- Schedule: 40 hour compressed work week (Monday-Thursday)
- Employment Term: Positions to be filled as soon as possible. Term ending December 2021 (or earlier for those seeking term summer employment to August 2021).
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience and skill.
Lead Installer $20-$25 per hour.
Junior Assistant Installer/ electrical apprentice $18 per hour.
Benefits Plan that includes extended health, dental, and LTD benefits.
- Location: Vernon, BC with occasional overnight travel to surrounding communities.
Under the supervision of the lead designer and/or lead electrician, help install our ground-mounted,
roof-mounted and pole-mounted solar PV arrays, including:
- Installing racking, optimizers and solar panels
- Tracking and assisting in ordering inventory
- Roofing, general construction or carpentry experience
- Previous experience with solar panel installation or knowledge of PV technology is an asset
- First or second year electrical apprentice is an asset
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Comfortable working at heights and climbing ladders
- Have or be willing to obtain proper certifications including Fall Safety Protection and First Aid
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel to project sites in the Thompson-Okanagan
Please provide the following by no later than 5 pm on Friday May 14.
- A Cover Letter that provides an overview of your interest in the position, your skills, and relevant
- A resume that details your work / training history and qualifications
For further information or to submit a resume, please contact HR@roostsolar.com