Roost Solar researches and combines the best components available into readily available packages. Each system can be different based on location, available roof space, shading, production objectives, and many other variables however we have found that the below packages meet most customer's objectives
8-14 solar modules (panels)
- Size of System: 2.4 - 4.5 KW
- Expected Annual Production: 2400-5000 kWh per year
- Cost*: $7000 - $14,000
- Projected Lifetime Savings**: $16,000 - $40,000
- Roof Area needed: 200-400 ft²
- Recommended Major System Components: APSystem Micro-inverters, CanadianSolar, Kinetic Racking
The APSystem YC500i micro-inverters are what we recommend for our smaller systems due to it's a unique cost advantage of accommodating 2 solar modules per inverter while still maximizing the electrical output of each panel individually. This, combined with a 25 year warranty and an excellent monitoring solution, makes it a great choice for your next small scale solar project!
Canadian Solar's CS6K-MS 60 Monocrystalline solar modules (panels) are one of their best sellers for a reason with great energy yield, rugged build quality suitable for the Canadian climate, 25 year performance warranty, and competitive cost.
Based in Ontario, Kinetic Solar is a leading Canadian manufacturer of solar racking systems. Made of structural grade extruded aluminum, their roof mount system offers an attractive, finished look that will also withstand exposure to the elements for years. The 100% watertight flashing system is quick to install and provides piece of mind against any roof issues.
15 - 36 solar modules (panels)
- Size of System: 4.5 - 12 KW
- Expected Annual Production: 5000-13,000 kWh per year
- Cost*: $12,000 - $26,000
- Projected Lifetime Savings**: $30,000 - $80,000
- Roof Area needed*: 350 - 750 ft²
- Recommended Major System Components: SolarEdge Inverters, CanadianSolar Modules, racking based on site requirements
A SolarEdge inverter and accompanying power optimizers are what we recommend for our medium sized systems as it delivers on many of the same safety, energy optimization and monitoring benefits as our micro-inverter solutions, but at a lower cost for systems greater than 4.5 KW large. This system offers similar peace of mind with an included 25 year warranty on all power optimizers and a standard 12 year warranty for inverters, extendable to 25 years.
As with our smaller systems, our recommended panels remain as Canadian Solar's CS6K-MS 60 Monocrystalline solar modules (panels) or, based on roofspace and aesthetics, Canadian Solar's newest higher powered offering, KuMax modules.
36+ solar modules (panels)
- Size of System: 12+ KW
- Expected Annual Production: 13,000+ kWh per year
- Cost*: Dependent on size of system
- Projected Lifetime Savings**: Dependent on specific Utility rate class
- Roof Area needed*: 850+ ft²
- Recommended Major System Components: For larger systems or groundmount systems a more traditional string inverter may be appropriate, based on individual circumstances. We prefer SMA and Fronius inverters in these instances.
With larger systems, string inverters are most cost effective. The SMA Sunnyboy inverters and the SMA TriPower inverters are our preferred choice due to reliability, shorter payback period, and ease of use. SMA is a well known and trusted brand in the solar industry and one of the oldest and largest inverter manufacturer's in the world.
Fronius is a leading global manufacturer of high frequency grid-tie inverters with a manufacturing plant in Ontario.The Fronius Primo line of inverters are ideal for residential or small scale commercial applications. With dual MPP tracking and a wide voltage window, the Fronius Primo offers design flexibility and Wi-Fi enabled monitoring for easy commissioning.
*Note: Ground Mount and Pole mount options available upon request.